Wednesday, February 11, 2009

good vibrations..*

I'm in a particularly good mood and have been all week so I'll share my moment of joy with all you fascinated readers! I can't pinpoint any one reason to explain my happiness but I just feel like I'm finally in a place in my life where I'm comfortable and content. I haven't been letting anything get me down and have really put a positive attitude in full effect. Corny as it sounds, it really does work. Moments of frustration have been almost non-existent this week and I'm really just in a good place.

My time with the kids has been amazing; I had a pretty relaxing weekend and have been getting a lot of rest each day which really helps with my enthusiasm and energy. I'm really excited about tomorrow because I get to spend most of it with Pim! The family leaves for Switzerland Friday and everything still needs to be packed. Pimmy loves going for walks so I'm actually looking forward to spending time with him. I just hope it's nice weather. He's getting so much better at walking and has been in such a fantastic mood! He's such a sweet little baby.

Niek packed a suitcase full of toys to take with him last night and he's been carrying it around with him ever since! It's so cute because I think it weighs more than him and when he runs to try and keep up with the others, he struggles so much. For such a tiny kid with small hands, he manages to come downstairs every morning with about 15 dinos. I love him.

Lara had trouble sleeping about a month ago while I was babysitting so I let her come look at pictures on my computer. That wasn't the best idea because now she wants to do it all the time, but I find it quite nice. It's one of the few times we get to spend alone together and she'll sit on my lap and point out the pictures she thinks are funny. She even lets me tuck her in after which I also enjoy :-)

Tijn, Tijn, Tijn. I really love him a lot. He has this cute little baby voice he does, where he'll speak about himself in the third person. He will randomly come sit on my lap, give me a hug, or give me a kiss and I always wanna hold him and never let go. He is the absolute sweetest.

I'm really happy with the way things are going for me right now. I love my home environment. Thomas and Eline are really sweet and I look forward to our dinnertime conversations. I can talk to them about my day, my US home-life, anything and I think that really helps me to not be homesick. I really feel like they care about me and want me to be happy (THIS IS THE SAPPIEST POST EVER) but I really do feel lucky because I lucked out with this family; it doesn't always work out this way.

In other news, my parents are in the process of adopting a niece of mine from Haiti. I think it's wonderful cuz she's Matt's age and now he'll have someone to play with. Also, if I really do end up staying here, I'll be comforted knowing that he won't be alone. I miss him.


vanavond, slaap lekker!!!