Thursday, February 3, 2011

happy birthday to me!

I can't believe I'm 25 today! It feels like I was just 18 and looking forward to my freshman year at UCONN. It feels like it was last week that I was 19  and sneaking into bars with my sister's ID. It feels like just yesterday I was 21! But, simultaneously, I am also fully aware the years have gone by. As hard as it's gotten at times, I wouldn't change anything because it led me to where I am. Actually, that's a lie; I would have done lots of things differently but at the end of the day, most of the difficulties I've faced either don't matter already or will soon be a distant memory. I still want for things but I am so grateful for all I have in my life and know that with hard work and the right attitude, I'll accomplish all my goals.

I'm finally feeling better after a day of feeling rather shitty. I managed to make it to the gym and ended up being trapped there for 3 hours, even though I only worked out for about 45 minutes. I felt dizzy and light headed after doing some cardio but I thought it was because I pushed myself too hard after having not gone for so long. I thought relaxing for a bit in the sauna would help and while it did feel good, I felt a lot worse after it. I couldn't even make it up the stairs without stopping every few steps. When I finally made it into the changing room, my vision was almost completely impaired and I was tripping over my feet trying to stay standing. It was pretty scary and embarrassing that people were asking me if I was alright. I laid down for a while before taking a shower and I couldn't even do that properly since my head was spinning so badly. I had to keep laying down because I felt so sickly and like I was going to vomit. Eventually I made it home and spent most of the day in bed. It really ruined my plans, as I intended to do some shopping in the center for..... STOCKHOLM TOMORROW!

I printed out a map and marked several locations for us to visit. I'm ecstatic to try the Absolut Ice Bar where everything is obviously made of ice. Even though we'll probably already be freezing our buns of steel off, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I'm also going to Florence for a month in March, woo hoo! Very excited about that since I've never been to that part of Italy. It coincides with the weeks that Mic will spend with a best friend in Cuba (jealous!) so I'll be happy not to spend the time on my own. Plus, I'm expecting visits!

Anyway, I'll keep it short because I haven't packed anything yet and the house is a mess. I hate coming home to a messy home and I guess I gotta clean even though it's my birthday *hint hint Mic* ;-p

Thanks for all the well wishes on Facebook, via email and text. Love you guys!! <3