Friday, March 20, 2009

you obviously haven't read my MySpace so how can you even pretend to know me?

I have been singing the internal playlist that plays endlessly in my head all dayyyyy and I have to say- I'm not hatin it. I'm no Celine or Christina but give me a good lace-front weave, personal trainer, and a voice synthesizer and I could be the next big thing. Not a big Beyonce/Sasha Fierce/whoever she is today fan but I love that halo song.. it's a lot less extra than her other shit (seriously, who does she think she is with that "Diva" song? Am I the only one who thinks she's trying way too damn hard?). I'm also getting more into Dutch music and currently love the song, "Skud Skuddem". GOOGLE IT.

I wish people from home would be on their computers when I am, HINT HINT*

I can't believe it's been almost 7 months since I've been out here. Sometimes it feels like time is creeping by but in actuality it's going so fast. Pretty soon I'll have to start making concrete decisions for my future, or something like that. Does it make sense that I haven't been feeling like myself lately, yet I feel the most like myself that I have in a while? I can't put my finger on it exactly but I feel like I finally have myself figured out. Granted, I still don't have the rest of my life completely figured out but I have figured out but I'm content with where I am and have my priorities in better order. I've sensed my maturity levels rising and me being less concerned/interested in things that used to consume my life. I'm not gonna say that I found myself because I was never really lost, but it's a lot clearer to me now the kind of person I am and want to continue to be and also the kind of people I want to surround myself with.

I have not had chicken wings in too long! I miss my mom's cooking and if I have one more sandwich, I might lose my friggin mind!

The next door neighbor is playing his piano and it sounds absolutely beautiful. I wish I was musically inclined, besides my phenomenal singing voice. I started to teach myself the piano but I could only play by ear and really didn't have the patience at the time. I wish the family had a piano. If I can't break into the music business as an entertainer, I could rely on my numb-chucking and songwriting skills.