Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oost, West.. Thuis Best

Although I'm loving my time here in Holland, I'm happy to report that I'll be back in the Connecticut area on July 14th! I can't wait to see my friends and family and make the most of the rest of the summer since I plan to return to Europe in late August/early September. I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing but I know I'm not done with Holland just yet.

Things with the family have been going well. The kids get sweeter and sweeter everyday and whenever I think about having basically three months left here with them, I feel an overwhelming sadness. I'm going to be really sad to leave the family as well as all the wonderful people I've met on this journey but I console myself with the thought that I shall soon return. The plan is to have my ticket back here booked before I leave because I know if I try to book it from home, chances are I won't.

I'm not exactly sure what it is I'm gonna do here. I'd love to go to school but I'm not sure I can afford to start as early as September. I have been in touch with a few universities here and will keep you updated. If school is not an option, I can try to find work. Being employed looks a lot more promising here than in the states and my host-father said he'd help me find housing which is greatly appreciated.

My sister is joining me in London on the 7th of May and I'm sooooo excited! I was happy just to see her once but knowing I'll get to see her again is making my life! She really is the best :-)

That's enough for now. Wheezy, out.