Wednesday, February 17, 2010

so put another song on the jukebox baby

Lately I've been in the greatest of moods. Things are going well for me.. I have my family, my health, my love and I got a manicure Monday and LOVE this new color! I went with my mom and my sisters which was fun, and I'm taking my grandmother this weekend for her birthday. I meant to talk about this before, but fortunately for my family and me, none of our immediate family was harmed in the earthquake that ravaged Haiti. I'm very grateful for that because the images that were plastered all over the tv, magazines, newspapers brought tears to my eyes. The thought of all those children being orphaned and having nowhere to go breaks my heart. I'm lucky to have such compassionate parents who despite their heavy workload, are looking in to ways to bring more of my family to the US, via adoption and helping them with legality issues. I support it 120% and will help any way I can.

I've been in a very giving mood these past few weeks. I spent Valentine's day with my brother Matt, doing damage at the Stamford Mall and somehow he managed to convince me to buy some expensive sneakers for him, treat him to lunch and take him to see that Percy Jackson movie- which was actually quite good. I bought my mom a new dress, my dad a few dress shirts and of course, lots of new delightful things for me! Is it sad that my favorite purchases so far involve Dove bodywash and socks?

I've been working a lot, and rather strange, hours which is fantastic. Not only am I making money, but it's helping time to fly by. I'm very excited for the month of March and the direction my life is heading in. As the days go by, I get increasingly happier knowing that soon I'll be reunited with my Mimmo and it doesn't get any better than that <3