Monday, February 8, 2010

Turning 24 was easier than I thought...

Normally I count down the days to my birthday and plan some kind of big get together but this year, I honestly didn't care about it at all. It was great to turn 21 because then I could finally start using my own ID. 22 was great because I'd become a seasoned veteran of legal aged drinking and could act all nonchalant about it. 23 is my favorite number and I brought that year in with a BANG (ask Damaly for the details, she tells the story fantastically!) Next year I'll be a 1/4 of a century old then at 26 I'll have my nervous breakdown on account of being closer to 30. 24 just didn't count.

Perhaps it was also because I got to see my Mimmo this weekend which completely overshadowed the joyous event that is usually my birthday. After writing each other everyday for 75 days and having to settle for seeing each other via Skype, it was great to be able to see him and do all the sappy crap couples do. We made all kinds of future plans including a two week road trip from Denver to California and spent 2 and a 1/2 blissful days together that I hold dear to my heart.

I learned so much about myself this past year and I'm pleased with the person I am. I know the people & things I do and don't want in my life, the things that are most important to me and what I want for myself. Oddly enough, I still don't have a clear cut plan for what I want to do exactly but when I see myself in 5 years, I'm smiling and I'm happy and my bangs have finally grown out. There's money in my bank account, food in the fridge and my favorite buttana in the whole wide world sitting next to me, spoon-feeding me shrimp & mushroom risotto and he's wearing some kind of hat.