Sunday, June 13, 2010

thoroughly thought through

What a gluttonous weekend.. I stuffed myself with sushi, moussaka and alcohol- good times. Mic's good friend, Fabio, is visiting from Verona so we've been showing him around Rotterdam and Amsterdam. With Mic trying to solicit the services of the ladies in the RLD for him and us reliving the wonderful times we had when he played host to us last October, I think he's having a great time. Of course we all wish the weather was a bit nicer (it's June 12th and the heat still come on in the trams!) but we're making the most of it.


World Cup pandemonium is in full swing and I'm so jealous of my friend Colin who's in South Africa witnessing it firsthand. Holland plays its first game tomorrow and I'm sure the country will officially shut down as everyone is glued to their TV screens come 2 PM tomorrow. With Holland being a favorite, I'd say things are gonna be interesting. 
Mic & Fabs are out catching up and I should be re-arranging my closet (I put out my Summer clothes prematurely) but I'm downloading movies and taking silly pictures of myself.. I swear, whoever ever invented built-in cameras didn't want me to get anything accomplished in life.


My sister is planning to visit and though she's not sure when, for how long, and absolutely nothing is definite, I am beyond excited. The goal is for her to stay 2 weeks which would be like the best thing since my discovery of Wok to Walk. I wouldn't care if we spent the entire time sitting on the couch, cuddling and watching movies- I just wanna see her stupid face and be able to talk to her whenever I want. We're hoping to be able to travel a bit, which would be nice, particularly to Berlin, Prague and Auschwitz in Poland which I really wanna visit. 


The sun did make a cameo yesterday while we enjoyed coffee at the Rotterdam harbor and we saw something else to add to our list of things to do:
how cool does that look?!?!

Anyway, I need to get to the supermarket before it closes... ciaoooooooo