Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends*

This past week was a tough one. I was feeling unusually homesick and my body was being ravaged by a cold. I really just wanted some of my mother's tea and have my grandmother pine over me. It really got me thinking and I realized how much, exactly, I missed being home!

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy here. I love being here with my love and seeing him everyday. I love the freedom of being able to do whatever we want and all that one experiences living abroad. But I can't deny that I miss my family and friends. It also didn't help that I've been slow on making new friends (I blame this on my family & true friends in the States, who have spoiled me and make it so that I don't even wanna look for new ones!) But that is changing, as I'm getting out there and meeting new people.

But anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for the kindness they showed me, particularly this weekend when I really needed it. It feels good to know that I'm loved and missed because I love and miss you all so much! I wish there was a way to have everyone I hold dear to my heart in one place (preferably in Spain or Italy, anywhere where it doesn't rain EVERYDAY or snow). I LOVE YOU GUYS & I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!