Thursday, May 27, 2010

music to my ears

I'm back in Holland from sunny Ibiza, Spain and sad about it! I'll elaborate on the experience in a later post but right now, I have an unreal soundtrack playing in my head (and on my Mac) that I must share! I've always liked all types of music but I've found that I've been expanding my musical propensity. Still love my R&B and hip hop but I love these bands and artists. Since copyrights and availability of certain websites are limited here in Holland, this post will contain links and some videos to the music I can't seem to stop listening to, so enjoy amici!
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
Melanie Fiona: This chick needs more attention with that talent.. her voice is fantastic. Found an acoustic version of "Somebody Come Get Me" which I LOVE! 
Florence and The Machine: I'm completely in love with this band. Her voice is captivating and haunting and their album has been on repeat. "I'm Not Calling You a Liar" is one of my favorites but be sure to give "Girl With One Eye" a listen.. this chick is amazing.
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings: Unreal passion & soul. This was part of our Ibiza soundtrack and I would love to see a live performance of "How Long Do I Have to Wait"
Beach House: Their music is relaxing & simultaneously makes you wanna dance. It reminds me of Summer nights, dancing in the moonlight, especially "Norway" 
Two Door Cinema Club: This isn't normally my style cuz they sound cheesy and mainstream but I love their energy and "Cigarettes in a Theatre" makes me wanna dance!
Wild Beasts: Their song "We Still Got the Taste Dancing on Our Tongues" may be my favorite song right now, love it! 
Noah and the Whale: happy music that gets stuck in your head and follows you everywhere.. especially the whistling in "5 Years Time"
The xx: I love the concept of a male and female vocalist intertwining and this band doesn't disappoint. Their album is fantastic and I LOVE "Heart Skipped a Beat"
There are so many other performers I'm loving right now, but it'd take too long to find them all. Hope you enjoy and if you have any recommendations, send them my way!