Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm not dead!

There's been so much going on that I've had no time to update this! I don't have much time now, as Mic and I have decided we need to become a power couple at something (we got our asses handed to us while playing Wii with his friends after thinking we were the best players ever) so we're gonna try some board games and maybe play some soccer outside. Translation: we're gonna make dinner and play games that don't require us getting off the couch before eventually realizing it's Saturday night and perhaps heading out for a night on the town instead of being losers. But in complete honesty I'd be fine staying home.. I love couch night's and waking up refreshed and sober on Sundays. We're also planning to go for a run as well as go to Ikea to pick up a few things and I doubt that will happen if we're hungover.

Yesterday was Queen's Day where everyone dresses up in Orange and piles onto the streets of Holland's major cities, drinking, selling stuff, turning the floor into a dumpster and making poor life decisions. Basically, it's one of the best days of the year. While on the train into Amsterdam, we were told that people were so out of control that they were actually walking on the train tracks! Trains weren't going any further than Haarlem, a sexy little city 15 minutes outside of Amsterdam, where I used to live when I first got to Holland. We thought the trains would eventually start working again so we went into the city center to kill some time, but we were mistaken and had to take a taxi into Amsterdam instead. We then spent the day walking around grabbing drinks and I think it's safe to say that we walked the entire perimeter of Amsterdam. Good times.

In other news, I went home for a week and had the most amazing time! It was fantastic to see my family and spend time with my sister and my friends. I really wish that all the people I love could be in the same place and I'm very much looking forward to being visited and showing my loved ones my new hood!

I also may be able to start working legally as early as June which excites me very much! I've had very little time to devote to my book but I'm trying to at least write a few paragraphs/pages a day and it's gonna happen.. I ain't no quitter!

Mic and I are also going to the Mediterranean island of IBIZA May 20th, WOOO HOOOO!!!! I've been browsing that website and I'm loving what I'm seeing (be jealous)! It's known as the party capital of the world (I guess they don't include people in that classification, else I'd sooooo have that honor) so I can't wait to live it up while simultaneously getting to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery with my love. It's impossible to complain when life is this sweet!

More from me soon lovebugs!