Tuesday, September 9, 2008

even the kids are trendy!

Americans and Europeans differ in numerous ways but since I've been here, I've noticed one difference in particular: kids here are dressed magnificently! Ok, maybe not all of them but some of them are already fashionable at extremely young ages. Take yesterday for example... I was at the playground across the street from our house when I noticed a little girl, who couldn't have been more then 3, wearing skinny jeans and the cutest leather jacket I've ever seen! It was an outfit that I'd put together and wear and she had the cutest slicked back curls and I swear she was wearing mascara (her eyelashes were fab!). Another little girl had on this cute gray dress, black tights, a funky brown belt and some gorgeous brown boots! She looked straight out of a catalogue!

The adults are no exception. Eline wears heels everyday and puts together the cutest outfits. Today she had on a lavender polo with an adorable neckscarf and her Fendi shades. Last night, we stayed up for hours talking about movies, fashions and meticulously looking through magazines. Her kids always look sharp and I love her! Once a week she meets up with friends in Amsterdam (last week she woke up hungover the next day.. yet another thingb we can bond over) and she always looks wonderful. She never looks forced; she dresses for her age (35) but is very modern and fashion-forward. Her friends are all milfs and I need to figure out her secret before I leave!

Anyway, I finaaalllly found my camera battery and took some pictures of the kids. enjoy!

Tijn is the one with the white collared shirt and eventually gray boxers (he has an odd fascination with his privates; he touches himself a lot and last week as we were getting all the kids ready for a bath, he teabagged Niek). His friend Ulna is in the brown sweater/white polo/girly sleeveless bodysuit, Eline is in lavender with Pim, and Niek is in orange, cringing in every picture.
Check out the humongous spider below.. I can't even begin to tell you how many spiders there are in the backyard and in the front yard! I used to come outside and my old bike would have webs and fat fuckin spiders all over it. Hopefully those arachnids will respect themselves and not congregate on my new one. I literally flipped my lid TWICE yesterday when one repelled down my handlebars, causing me drop my bike (the old one) and again when one had the audacity to climb up my arm; it met a painful death as i stomped the living shit out of it. I'm hosing my bike down whenever I need to go somewhere.