Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's the freakin weekend, baby i'm about to have me some fun..*

So I survived my first weekend in Holland.. barely. This was quite possibly the most exhausting weekend I've had in a while but it was entirely too much fun. Friday night, Jaime came over to have dinner with my host family and me. We talked about everything under the sun, drinking glasses of wine and some other alcoholic concoction Eline cooked up for us. After that, we went upstairs to change into clothes that were more Amsterdam appropriate. I took it upon myself to wear these cool boots from Victoria Secret I'd spent a year trying to wear, with skinny jeans, a vest over a white tee and a brown leather jacket. Sounds cute right? Now imagine me on this thing:














altogether ridiculous. Jaime, Mayra and I biked to the train station where we parked our whips and whipped out a bottle of wine each, which had conveniently been transported in the heavy basket obstructing speedy forward movement on my wobbly bike. We transferred the wine into plastic bottles we'd thought to bring then got on the train. We were meeting up with another friend of ours, Lizzy, and had time to walk around, enjoying the lovely scenery, i.e., the Red Light District. We were sporadically drinking our wine but assumed our bags would be checked upon entering so decided to chug it down like champs! The club was really nice and I had a great time dancing with my friends, being oblivious to everyone around me, and being blissfully intoxicated. Unfortunately, Mayra got sick early on in the night, but I didn't mind taking breaks to keep her company.We had to walk a bit more to catch a bus since it was so late. I sat next to heavyset man who I tried to strike up a conversation with buuttt eventually ended up passing out on him. Luckily, he didn't mind. Everything was going well uuuuntil I began to bike home and FELL off a fucking FOOT high sidewalk, smacking my head into the ground. It didn't hurt at all but evidently I was bleeding quite a bit. Some kind strangers were really concerned with my well-being and gave me napkins to wipe away my profuse bleeding. In true trooper fashion, I got back on my bike to finish my journey home. Of course it starts pouring down rain and I struggled to drag my half drunk, aching forehead and body home at 5:30 AM.

The next morning, I was awakened by 2 strange men in my room, who were there to re-tile my bathroom floor. Although they were making quite a racket, my fatigue allowed me to sleep until about 4:30PM nonetheless. After showering, I biked over to Jaime's place where she, Lizzy, and I took the train to Eindhoven to watch a professional futbol game between Holland and Australia (the Roos won, 2-1). It was a relaxing experience and it was neat to see all the Dutch fans completely decked out in orange. We ran into some people from the states and Australia and it's always nice to hear familiar accents and English in general.

To conclude this fabulous weekend, Jaime in I starred in our first music video! It's actually a pretty good song and shooting the video was tons of fun. We played screaming fans in a crowd, as the artist, DIO, rapped on stage or body surfed. We got to interact with all types of people who found us intriguing/hated on us (some of the girls looked 16) because we were foreigners. I'm going to periodically google/youtube the video to share with you all! goodnightttt!!