Friday, December 3, 2010

didn't wanna be anyone's ghost

**Disclaimer: I wrote this post on November 19th and never published it**

Not only have I been neglecting my blog, but yesterday I discovered that it was my first time visiting the gym in the entire month of November! For someone who'd been abusing their class selection, pool and sauna on a daily basis, this is absurd! But these past few weeks were absolute bliss and I'm completely okay with the weight I've surely gained.

Damaly left yesterday after arriving on November 4th. Days have never flown by as fast. We kicked off her arrival with a weekend in Amsterdam with Lizzy and some of other friends, exploring and getting social. It was a great to have some girl time and have my two worlds meet. We took a day to rest before traveling to BERLIN, GERMANY! This has ranked among our top 10 list of places to visit so we were ecstatic to go and Berlin did not disappoint!

Not only were we blown away by the nightlife, but the Berlin is so rich in history and culture. It's amazing to be walking the streets where so many important figures walked and infamous events happened. Standing over Hitler's bunker (now a parking lot) and thinking about this little man that shaped so much of what we read about in our history books was really moving. Seeing parts of the Berlin Wall that divided people and their families.. it really blows your mind. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Next stop, PRAGUE! What a beautiful and romantic city! I'm horrible with posting pictures on time but we took some great shots and it was the best feeling ever to be with two of the people I love the most in this entire universe. Bonus, we all got along really well and by the end of the weekend we were all addicted to Absinthe. What a wonderful way to get the party started. You pour a shot of Absinthe into a glass, heat up a spoonful of brown sugar with a lighter, stir it into the glass, light the drink on fire (great visual effect since Absinthe is green), put the fire out with a coaster and quickly take the shot.. FanFrigginTastic!! B52 shots are even better.. Absinthe mixed with Bailey's.. YUM.

We relaxed for a few days when we got back before ending the trip with a relatively fun dinner the night before she left. I was very sad to see her go.

But luckily I'll be home very soon to see her and all of you very soon.. LOVE YOU!!!