Tuesday, December 28, 2010

first things first, I'll eat ya brains!

I just realized that I'd be in the process of changing my background and picture last time I posted on here and had I known this is what it looked like, I would've changed it a long time ago.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've gotten to update this from the US of A! I've been parked on my parents couch since Christmas, going in and out of food-induced comas and sleeping. There was a monstrous blizzard yesterday that resulted in about two feet of snow. I took one look outside, with the wind forcefully blowing snow everywhere and resolved to not leaving the house until it was absolutely necessary. Luckily, I've had all the American shows I've missed so dearly living in Holland to entertain me, as well as the shenanigans of the Auguste family.

I'm entering the last week of my holiday in the States, after having already been home for two weeks and it's been absolutely fantastic! Matt is taller than ever, surpassing me by at least 2 inches and he definitely has a few pounds on me. He got braces last week and looks so cute! It will surely help us keep in mind that he's only 12 instead of being deceived by size. It's been great hanging out with him, cracking jokes and doing impromptu karaoke. He's informing me of the all the music I've failed to update myself on and I'm loving every moment of spending time with him. My cousin Tati, is also staying with us over the holidays and she's very sweet and we've passed a lot of hours watching TV on the couch together. We're both obsessed with the show "My Fair Wedding," which I really hope is still around when I'm getting married because the man does great things.

I've really missed being home. I've missed my friends, family, food (my very first stop from the airport was my favorite Chinese food restaurant in my town and don't get me started on how much I disrespected myself during Christmas dinner), television (special shout-out to Netflix and DVR), the nightlife, SHOPPING (I had a really hard time buying Christmas gifts for everyone this year because I saw so many things I wanted/needed/couldn't live without), my town, my hood,  EVERYTHING.

I really wish it was possible to combine the life I love here with the one I love in Holland. I don't hope to be there much longer than another year. As I'm getting older (ew), the time is coming where I should start thinking and formulating definite plans for my future. I'm not saying I'll bother mapping my life out step by step because obviously things don't always work out as planned. But I know that I want to settle down and start a family in the States. Of course, not for another 3-5 years of course, absolutely no rush. But my parents and family are also getting older and I want to spend more time with them doing fun things and I hate missing out on so much of Matt's upbringing. Although I'd love to live in California when I move back to the States (this blizzard has reinforced my hatred for the cold), it'd still be the same country, a cheaper flight home, and less time difference so I could keep in touch more easily. I think Mic would love living out west so no trouble there. I'm sure we'll be happy anywhere so long as we can both do what we want and *sappy statement alert*- we have each other.

The wind is still whistling outside and popcorn and a movie are calling my name. For those of you Stateside and in the tri-state area, I'd love for you to meet me and everyone for dinner in Stamford, CT Saturday, January 1st as we celebrate my last weekend, before heading into NYC to let loose! Message me for details and if I remember, I'll post something about it on here!