Monday, October 6, 2008

is it naptime yet?

I cannot believe how tired I am right now and it's only3 PM. I am not looking forward to the rest of today nor am I remotely excited for my 2 1/2 hour Dutch course this evening. I have even contemplated throwing myself down a flight of stairs or letting one of these sick children cough on me to avoid going.

This weekend was relatively quiet compared to one's past but I got about 3 full hours of sleep last night. Granted I didn't go to bed until about 1 AM but I swear at least three of the four children woke up periodically last night and since my room doesn't have a door, I heard everything. Pim was screaming his head off every few hours, Tijn may have wet the bed, and I could hear Lara crying on the steps to Thomas at about 3 AM; around 6 AM, I could hear one of them singing. I've grown accustomed to being woken up too early but this during-the-night stuff must come to a halt. Tonight I'm contemplating sleeping in the living room. I was hoping to take a nap on my break but I couldn't since Lara didn't go to school and all the kids were home; damn me for having a conscience! The kids are growing on me more and more each day.. look at these faces!


so fresh & so clean :-)


no wonder he gets away with everything, look @ him!!!!


Niek's rendition of a smile

It doesn't help that I haven't been feeling well. Friday night while I was getting ready to go out, I was hit with a massive headache that left me crippled in bed for about an hour. I took some aspirin which helped a little but really didn't start to feel much better until I had some wine in my system. We went to Bitter Zoet again, but made a quick stop at the coffee shop before going in. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, drinking unladylike-like amounts of alcohol and dancing by myself in my own world. Apparently all that dancing really tired me out since I was allegedly sleepwalking out of the club, while on the back of Lizzy's bike and walking up the stairs to her bedroom. I saw the stairs in the morning and still couldn't figure out how I made it up them.


the usual crew of bandits


ummmmmm, what?!

Saturday night I stayed in, in an effort to speak to my loved-ones in the US but of course everyone was busy. I tried to go to bed at an early hour but could not fall asleep until about 5 AM. I stayed in bed for most of Sunday but mustered up enough strength to go down and meet the neighbors that Thomas and Eline had invited over. All-in-all, not a thrilling weekend.


[i wish..]