Thursday, October 23, 2008

Congrats are in order...

Ok so I rarely make such frequent posts but I'd like all of you to share in my joyful ventures involving the substance that is poop! Warning, this post gets pretty graphic as I describe why poop is having the:


This morning I awoke to quite a delightful treat from the two babies, Niek and Pim. Although the kids are on vacation this week, Niek still has day care so I was up a little earlier to get him ready. He's two years old and sleeps in a crib that he shouldn't be able to get out of, but Lara helped him out today. Normally this would not be a problem but Niek's stomach must've felt the need to rebel because he took the most satanic shit I've ever seen! His entire pajama leg was covered in poo and little doo doo peas from last night's dinner were strewn all over his bedroom floor, the hallway, and the rooms of Tijn and Lara (apparently he didn't chew ANY of them). It was up his back, on his stomach and all over his legs. I had to give him a shower and I didn't escape without injury: I stepped on a lovely pile.. thank God for socks. Of course, he had the CUTEST, devilish grin on his face and I couldn't help but to laugh at how such a preposterous deuce could come out of such a cute & tiny human being.

Pim was not to be outdone. He decided to unleash some poo poo fury of his own. I knew it was gonna be something foul the minute I lifted him out of his eating chair. He too got it all over his clothes, his back, his stomach and even some on his legs. Again, I was in shock. Not only was he smiling all oblivious and cute, but he was apparently on an imaginary bicycle as I was changing him. I could do nothing but chuckle at the absurdity of the morning and be thankful that I genuinely love these kids!