Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

So I celebrated my two month anniversary being in the Netherlands this weekend and had a blast doing so. I almost typed that it was the best time I'd had so far but I honestly cannot recall a weekend that I didn't love my entire stay here.

I was put off by the events of Friday morning but given that it was Halloween, I remained in high spirits throughout the day, even though I didn't have a break. We went into Amsterdam earlier than usual where we ate, changed and started drinking. Jaime and I were the cutest Indians this side of the pond and we owe many thanks to Jaime's rugrats for providing us with the costumes ;-p





[Excuse the pictures taken inside Lizzy's apartment.. I was already 1/2 in the bag]

The rest of my weekend was comparatively low-key, since all I did was have dinner at a delicious Thai restaurant and enjoy a lazy Sunday.

There's so much on my to-do list: I still have not written all or put postcards in the mail. I need to call my parents and figure out what my life will be for the holidays. Given the new relationships I've formed here, I'm sure I can find people to keep me company and at this point, I am not as apprehensive anymore about traveling alone. I still don't know what our trip will be for November, as we've flirted with the ideas of going to Milan and Germany and I may be joining Jaime's family for a trip to London. I can't believe I've already been here for 2 months.. it's definitely starting to feel like home.