Sunday, November 30, 2008

iedere dag ik hustling...*

That post title is just a taste of what all my American friends have to look forward too when I get home because I will surely be Dutch translating/remixing every fucking song I know (you're welcome!).

Anyweg, I just had quite a fabulous weekend! Friday night, we all went out in Haarlem rather than making our usual trip to Amsterdam. I was definitely in more of a bar mood and despite feelings of irritation from the day/week, I ended up having fun as usual. We ran into the normal group of characters: model-types, magicians, guys in pants tighter than mine, dentists, guys with these which I stuck my fingers through, naturally. Saturday I babysat my two cute little babies, Niek and Pim before going to my first kickboxing match! My boy Remco from the gym kickboxes semi-professionally and after seeing the matches, I have a better understanding of what I had deemed as nonsense during the class he teaches. I haven't had that much fun in TOO LONG. It was really leuk to be off doing something different and watching men try and tear each other's heads off. There was a 25 Euro entrance fee which we managed to bypass since we didn't get there until intermission. I had my handy bottle of wine in a Pepsi bottle in my purse and was good to go. The first match was painful to watch since it was the dik sak (fat boy) weight class and blubber was a jigglin. Contenders were kicking and punching the Dutch out of each other and 2 fights were even ended early (one TKO and another guy's trainer threw in the towel). Remco did well. He had a worthy adversary who was very good at making it look like he was doing big things to the audience when in fact, most of his blows were being blocked. Anyway, the match ended in a tie. I toyed with the idea of really getting into kickboxing but after seeing his legs, ummmmm no thank you. I think it'd be fun to punch and kick the shit out of some broad (I've never been a big fan of girls as it is) so maybe it's worth it?!

Anyway, the best part of my weekend was talking to my sister. She is honest to God, my numero uno and if she wasn't my sister I'd go lezbo for her- that's how much I love her. She is the funniest person ever and I never have to deal with any bullshit from her. I'm so unbelievably ecstatic for her to get here. I've been having a good time with everyone here but NO ONE compares to her and just talking to her on the phone today made my life. We're really similiar, yet really different. She has so many qualities that have become increasingly difficult to find in other people. She's blunt, honest, GENUINE, caring, humble, hysterical and best of all, her own person. No matter where she is, she will always be herself (this hasn't always been well-received but at least she's not a poser. I can't stand people who front for others and try way too hard to be someone they're not just to impress people). I'll stop dick-riding her right now but trust me, she's the shit.




As usual, I went off on a tangent. So we're on the phone chatting about her impending visit (HOORAY!!). We're talking about how much she misses me and I her, and comparing our rather shitty weeks. I wish I could talk to her more often because she kept me on the phone laughing hysterically until my stomach hurt. She's been a little stressed out not having me around, going to school, working, relationship bullshit, and being an adult and paying the whole bills thing so she decided some retail therapy was in order during Black Friday. She was on the phone in line at Macy's and apparently didn't hear the cashier call out for the next person. The woman behind her decided to rudely tap her shoulder and mouth off at her, telling her that maybe she should get off her phone. This woman made 3 crucial mistakes that would have saved her from getting punched in the face: 1) Don't interrupt someone's phone conversation, it's rude 2)Don't touch people you don't know and 3)Don't mess with people during Black Friday, that shit will get you punched in the face!! While the cashier dials security, my sister drops everything and makes a run for it. I have a sense she won't be visiting Macy's anytime soon.

I think we may end up doing Spain for when she gets out here and I'm going to see if I can work something out with the family to get the entire week she's here off. I'm thinking maybe we can spend a long weekend in Spain then come back and party in Amsterdam for a few. She comes January 28th-February 4th so if you know of anything cool happening anywhere in Europe, feel free to let me know!