Saturday, January 3, 2009

i'm baaaaaaacccckk!

So Paris was absolutely, outrageously, breathtakingly, unbelievably, I-want-to-live-there-forever

beautiful.

Times without number, I heard how gorgeous the scenery was and that I would fall in love but I was blown away by how sexy Paris really is. I fell in love with Saint Michel and its Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and the Grand Palais, the RER, Irvy Sur Seine, and the CHAMPS DE ELYSSE (an extensive street of lekker shops, eateries, monuments). That barely scratches the surface of what I experienced, but it's way past my bedtime and I promise to expand on my week-long adventures sometime in the near future... and I really mean the near future since one of my New Year's Resolutions is to keep my blog current! No more 2 week intervals between posts, I promise! Here are some pictures (most of them are of me, but it's my friggin blog and I love me so tough) to tide you over but there are many more to come of architecture, monuments, and all that shit:







I will admit that I did miss the family and actually thought about them a lot. I spend so much time with them but it never really occurred to me how attached I'm becoming. I found myself missing Pim's cute little smile and him pulling himself up or trying to climb up my legs. I missed Tijn's cute little voice, him sitting on my lap, him giving me a wake-up call or asking me if he can have candy for breakfast. I missed Niek calling me Oma (grandma) or Leen, and him telling me to kijkt (look) while he plays with his toy cars or raiders, him spilling his drink almost every night at dinner, his adorable naked run while I'm trying to get his pajamas on, and the heartwarming way leans his cute little head on my shoulder when he's tired of walking and wants to be carried, and his infectious giggle when I tickle him and Tijn. I missed Lara asking me to spin her around after bath, her singing American songs to me, teaching her little games, listening to her do Dutch karaoke and showing me her sweet ballet moves.

As much as the kids can be a handful and push me to my limits sometimes, I really do love them. Leaving Holland will most definitely be harder than I thought.