Thursday, January 8, 2009

we gettin A-RAB money

ummmm, I wish. Had I A-RAB money, I certainly wouldn't be wiping any baby bottoms.

2009 has gotten off to a great start (minus me being deathly ill.. I have a burning cough that hurts so much, it makes me wanna hold my coughs in) and these next few weeks are looking pretty busy/awesome for me. As I've been writing about for the past 873 months, my sister comes in LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!! She arrives on Wednesday, the 28th. I'll be at the airport with Eline, Niek and Pim to pick her up and I may pass out with happiness. We booked our trip to BARCELONA, SPAIN this week and she's so excited so that makes me even more excited. I love her so much.

Any20moredays, she'll spend her first day here either sleeping or hanging out with the kids and me. I'd like to have a nice dinner here then head out for dessert/drinks in Haarlem with all the girls. Thursday, I'd like to take her into Amsterdam to see all the historical shit but more importantly, THE SHOPS. We can then come back home, hang out more with the kids, shower, pack, have dinner then head back into Amsterdam to solicit the RLD, coffee shops and maybe this new club Bitter Zoet I've been hearing so much about. We'll probably spend the night at Lizzy's and from there catch the train in the morning to Dusseldorf, Germany where we'll have a few drinks before 11 AM then board the plane to Barcelonaaaaaaaa! Ahhhhhh!!!

2 weeks after that I'm going skiing with the family in the Swiss Alps! I don't know why I ended that sentence with an exclamation point because there is nothing exciting about being in a van with 4 small children for 12+ hours. Oh and the whole not-being-able-to-ski thing may put a damper on the vacation as well. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't break my neck!

I may also be going to Prague the first weekend of February, if possible, which would be awesome! I've heard it's a bitchin place to be and I found a night train that would take us there for 58 euro!

In other news, there's this cool dance style I'm trying to teach myself that's really big in France. I think it's so fetch and I can't wait to try it in public. Observe the following:
I LOVE the song and the dancing! I'm so excited to try this and I'll be sure to get it on video so you all can see my awesome moves.

The kids are doing well. Pim is so spoiled now.. he wants to be held all the time and cries/flips out when you try and put him down. He was probably held all of vacation and now he's used to it but he's still pulling himself up and he's been in such a cute, giggly mood. I wish he would improve on his crawl (he's doing it military style, dragging his legs behind him) and I wish he'd sit up on his own. Niek is still Niek; still so cute, still a bit naughty, still irresistible. We've been getting along great and sometimes I just wanna eat him up! Tijn is still the sweetest kid ever but he's had some trouble listening this week and has cried/been punished a lot. Lara is still crying a lot. I've noticed that she does it mostly when Thomas is here so it's obviously for attention. She knows exactly what she's doing and how to spin things to make herself the victim, something kids are always very good at. It's weird with her because we get along for the most part but when Thomas is around, everything I do makes her cry/sulk/whine/pout. Regardless, I'm not going to treat her any differently than I do the others but I wish she'd be sweet all the time.

Still no update on the status of my Visa but let's hope I hear some good news soon!