Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I like four things in life: girls, tequila, beer & cocaine!

So the past few weeks here have been pretty hectic. Last Thursday, April 30th, was Queen's Day in Holland and my was it crazy! The festivities started last Wednesday and I swore it felt like Spring Weekend at UCONN all over again except on a much bigger level. It's hard to sum it up with words so I'll just post some pictures but I will say that the blog title was just one of the many randomly hysterical lines I heard :-)











These aren't nearly all of the pictures but I don't have that kind of time. Most of you are friends with me on facebook so you can see more there.

In other news, life is not sucking at all at the moment. Things are going well with the family and since the kiddies are on school vacation I get to spend more time with them. Queen's Day was a blast and tonight I'm going back into Amsterdam to celebrate Liberation Day. Then one more day of work and finally off to reunite with Damaly and Andreea (our awesome Romanian friend from Barcelona) in London! Can't wait to see all the sights and to butcher the accent!

Speaking of the English, I met this really wonderful guy a little over a month ago with whom I've been spending quite some time and have grown to really like. Unfortunately, he's moving about an hour by train away from me, which I knew from the beginning but as his moving day draws nearer, I'm a bit sad about it. I know it's not that far and we'll still see each other but the 15-minute bike ride apart we were before was much more convenient. This is nothing compared to the thousands of miles from the people I've grown to love and care about for a year, I'll be away from come July 14th. I am legit dreading that day.

I have some serious split ends I really need to get taken care of as well of a pile of postcards I never wrote/sent out (sorry!).

I'm reading the book, "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and though I haven't gotten too far in it (I only have time to read at the gym and I haven't been since some time last week) I'm really enjoying it and trying to incorporate many of the methods into my everyday life.

That's all I have to say for now so I'll leave you with a bunch of pictures that basically sum up the past few weeks: