Friday, March 19, 2010

GO BIG OR GO HOME.

So it's been 2 weeks since I left Stamford, CT and relocated to Rotterdam, Netherlands. It's been amazing to be back with Mic and strangely enough, it wasn't difficult for me to make the decision to come back. Perhaps professionally and monetarily it wasn't the wisest decision but when there's a battle, my head tends to defer to my heart.

& my heart is here, simple as that.

That being said, things haven't been as simple. I realize that not much time has gone by but I am perhaps one of the most impatient people you'll ever meet (I perpetually burn my tongue on piping hot food because I refuse to wait). I don't like CAN'T sit still so being home throughout the day is quickly losing its appeal. Last week was great because we'd just gotten a Wii system so I could amuse myself with that. Then we flew to Madrid and Toledo for a long weekend which was amazing.

This week I've devoted myself to trying to find work but that's basically impossible on account of me not having a work permit yet. That will come in due time, I know, but it doesn't make the waiting any less arduous. I have a penchant for shopping, traveling and keeping this unruly mane of mine tamed (oh and paying bills, but that's obviously not as important as me looking damn good), so this whole "no paycheck" thing really isn't my style. So I've come up with a few ideas/things to do that I'm diligently going to work on while being unemployed and even after I've found work:

*Teach myself to play the piano- I've always wanted to be able to play. Mic has shown me some basic songs and I thoroughly enjoy it. Additionally, it will also help with...
*Perfecting my singing skills- Those of you who've had the pleasure of hearing my renditions of various songs can tell that I'm blessed but I'd like to sharpen my talent so that I can eventually...
*Write an original song! I've been writing poetry since I was 11 and would love to apply them to melodies. I'm sure I've written poems cheesy and nonsensical enough to be made into music.. But nowadays, I'm sure I can create a hit by cooing into the microphone and singing about a sandwich I'm about to make. Include a video with a creative dance sequence and broads in their bras & panties and I'd shoot straight to the top. Yes, people are that damn stupid.
*Learn Italian- Thus far I've perfected several phrases and song lyrics but I need to do better. It's an alluring language and it'd be great to communicate with my Mic and his friends and family who may not have the best grasp on the English language.
*Write a book- This is something I've wanted to do since high school. I've always said that my life would make a great television show but apparently shows are given to people my age who are shallow, already rich and not that interesting. I'll attempt to keep that dream alive but in the meanwhile, I'd love to detail my life abroad or even write a book about this romance I got going with my Sicilian. I kept a journal and can always reference this blog for inspiration.. Mic and I also wrote each other emails for everyday we were apart (excuse me while I barf up breakfast, due to all this sappiness) so I could very well create a screenplay. I could even star in it, hmmmmmmm.

Those are only a few of the ideas raging in my medulla oblongata but they are my currently my largest obsessions. I realize they're also huge tasks to take on, but I thrive off challenge. I'll keep you all updated on my progress on here as well as my youtube channel:

Ciao, buon giorno!