Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I knew you'd take all my honey..

So I woke up this morning with the intention of updating this and finally posting pictures from last September. Instead, I've been distracted by the epic collaboration that is Lady Gaga's "Telephone" featuring Beyonce "that bitch" Knowles. For those of you who have failed to experience this over-the-top, thirsty display of creativity and awesomeness, feast your lovely pupils on these two pupils of fuckery:



Now to be clear, I am a huge fan of people expressing themselves but come on Gaga, COKE CAN ROLLERS & CIGARETTE SHADES?! If that's not a cry for attention, I've failed to absorb all the psychological babble I've heard over the years from people who are obviously experts on psychology, sometimes as soon as having only taken an introductory class. Not to mention, these were the very people losing their own damn minds and suffering from the very ailments they diagnosed and criticized others for. But I digress; back to Gaga & Honey B...

I will give credit where credit is due: Beyonce has managed to thaw my icebox heart in the past (but only by a few degrees, no bitchassness) with her singing (shout outs to Dangerously in love & Halo!). She's obviously beautiful, puts on a great show, and sings live while dancing/seizuring her ass off. Usually her lace front game is tight, and while I understand they were going for a certain look in this video, all signs point to that weave being TRAGIC. But B has finally found someone she can't upstage.. Gaga answers the bell with her telephone receiver bangs. CHECKMATE.

A lot can be said about this video but in summation, it was exactly what I'd expect from BeGaga: EXTRA EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! I wish I could've seen Beyonce's entire outfit from when she was driving, it looked trampy enough to be cute but perhaps all the time she's been spending with Gaga has diminished her looks- she was looking rather manish in the face. & despite Gaga trying to shoot down hermaphrodite rumors by putting her pussycat on display, she could be post-op and I'd even say she is 1/3 horse. Great effort though! Nonetheless, this is a video that will get people talking, have renditions of it on YouTube and create a buzz over a song that honestly, isn't that good. Mission accomplished.

I'll leave you with a bonus treat: