Monday, March 22, 2010

We still got the taste dancing on our tongues

I had a bad taste in my mouth earlier this morning and although pride doesn't follow this statement, I had to wash it down with red wine.

I'm great. I got a lot done today, for which I'm very proud of myself. I managed to make a dent in some of the goals I discussed in a previous post, started up another idea altogether (top-secret for now, don't want any copycats)and even managed to do some domestic things around the house. It's been a running joke with Mic and my friends that I spend my days in my "office" (um, the couch), doing lots of paperwork, faxing, composing financial reports, etc. (translation: watching television, resting, and watching episodes of The King of Queens online). Today I actually got work done!

I decided that my book will be about my relationship with Mic, our living on different continents for 3 months, and a bit about long distance relationships and how to make them work. I began my outline today of what I want to include and how I want to begin and how to go about publishing it. I came across several options and got more of my outline done than I thought I would. Once I started writing, I felt very comfortable and didn't have to force it at all.What I've always enjoyed most about writing is the process: you have an idea and you express it uninhibitedly in your own voice. Even if only 10 people purchase it, I'll be content knowing I came up with it all on my own and I worked hard to achieve my goal. It's less about attention, rather it's mostly about ME. That being said, I'd still very much appreciate all your support and maybe my experience will benefit those in similiar situations who've given up hope!