Monday, March 1, 2010

1, 2, 3- not only you & me

Down to the last three days, ahhhhhhhh!!!!! I can't believe this day that I've waited for for so long is finally here after all this time. I feel like going to bed earlier each night just so it'll feel like mornings are coming quicker.

My parents are surprisingly handling this very well. My mom is still trying to convince me to stay home and take a CNA class, even though I've never expressed an interest in nursing. My dad has actually been pretty nonchalant and we talked about the areas I'd look into while out there. They're both skeptical, which is reasonable, but they've accepted that come 6:30 PM on Thursday, I'll be buckled into my aisle seat, en route to Amsterdam.

I've already packed and can proudly say that I'm not bringing much with me. So far I do have a bag to check in but I may even be able to fit everything into a carry-on and a big purse. Actually, I'm being completely overzealous; no way is that possible.

It's National Restaurant Week in the Netherlands from March 2-8th, where some of the best restaurants across the country will be serving up 3-course dinners at the flat rate of EUR 25! Mic made reservations at LULU restaurant which boasts authentic Thai, Indonesian, Indian and Chinese cuisine

It's a popular place with comfie seating and amazing food. After dinner we'll head out for a night out on the town, woo hoo! Let's hope my jet lag has the decency to wait until Saturday to kick in. Let's also hope I don't drink too much and add a hangover to my Saturday afternoon as well.

Mic and I are also headed to Madrid the following weekend, hooray! We are staying at Petit Palace Puerta del Sol, right in the center which seems to be beautiful in the pictures, but we'll see if that's actually the case.

To be honest, I'll be happy enough just to be there, seeing new things and spending time with Mic <3