Wednesday, August 13, 2008

christmas done come EARLY this year!

My world is about to completely be turned upside down! I got the chance of a lifetime & I am sooooo happy to say that I am to become an au pair in The Netherlands at the end of this month!! I know, I know that's in like 2 weeks but these past few days have been a whirlwind.. It all started with my friend/lover Jaime, who's already au pairing in the Netherlands for a year. Relatives of her host family were in need of an au pair and on a whim I told her I'd be interested. I'd already been eaten alive by the traveling bug so this was an easy decision that pretty much aligned with my own interests. I didn't think it would actually happen but I've spoken/emailed the family and I'm happy to report that I will be leaving the US for an entire year the weekend of August 30th!!! I'm super friggin excited! I'm going to miss my family and friends but this is for sure, the opportunity of a lifetime and I'd eternally kick myself if I didn't do it. While I'm there, I want to drown myself in European culture and I plan to visit so many places! It's even more awesome that Jaime will be there and we can share experiences together. It's so crazy how this all worked out. If I'd been told that this would happen literally like 2 days ago, I would've never guessed. I feel so blessed right now.



The mom, Eline, is super sweet and speaks English really well. She sent me a picture of her 4 kids(!!) who are legit the CUTEST kids in all the land. There are 3 boys and one girl (how precious is her smile?!) Jaime and I already plan to have playdates and I'm soooo excited to put the domestic skills that I picked up at UCONN (i was a housewifetry minor) into use. I already know that those kids are going to be irresistible and that I'm going to have a hard time telling them no! I may even try to bring them back home with me... at least one. just kidding. kinda. not really. Eline emailed me this morning and I'm about to research my flight out!! SO EXCITING!!