Monday, August 4, 2008

it's just emotions taking me over

As usual, there are so many thoughts running through my head. My mind feels like the underneath of a small child's bed who'd been told to clean his room and naturally stuffed everything under there. Good things are happening to me in certain aspects of my life.. but I question if too many good things can happen in only ONE particular area of my life while the other ones are ehhhh. Whatever. I suppose I should be thankful for all I do have, and I am. I refuse to turn this blog into a place for bitching and moaning when things really aren't that bad for me in life right now.


I've recently gotten back into my habit of writing poetry since that's what helps me avoid thinking about things I prefer to block out. While some of the following may represent how I currently feel, not all of them do. I like to pick a topic or emotion and run with it. They're all untitled because I prefer for readers to create their own.. that and all my titles sounded corny.



The golden sun shining like brass
bombarded by the swaying leaves
As you lay with me on the fresh mown grass
tickled by the summer's b r e e z e.
Alone again, just you and me
hands and limbs intertwined
Laying next to each other where no one can see
where our true selves can truly shine
Evening zephyr, soft as a dove
Blows gently against us where we lie
as we exchange soft looks of love
and the trees approvingly sigh
Time slips by, so does the light
As we lay together with the stars and night.




CHEESY I know, but I feel like love is all around me.. even I can feel it, so why not? Anyway, that's enough softness.



I cried in my sleep knowing tomorrow
Would bring back all the pain and sorrow
That I thought I'd left behind.

It's BOGGLING

How you left me all alone with myself
Alone to make sense of the world
and everything else.
So in the puddle of tears on my wet pillow
Under the shadow of a whispering willow
I rest my tired body and defeated soul
In a grassy pasture, resting with knights of old.

Morgan Freeman got into a serious car accident so every time I see those Olympics commercials I say a little prayer. My favorite one is when the guy injures himself but finishes the race with his father; so touching!

I've been making preliminary travel plans & I'm so excited!!!!! I'd like to do a 25 day European tour that visits 11 countries & I'd love to go with someone I can have a good time with. The problem is that everyone's busy and/or broke. Regardless of whether or not someone can come, I'm going. A friend of mine is au pairing in the Netherlands which is a stop on the tour & she's also down to go to SPAIN, which I've been dyyyiiiiinngg to visit!! If I can make those trips happen, I'd be so unbelievably happy & it would make my life.

In addition, I am scheduled to finally visit Haiti with my dad & my sis. I've never been & i wanna see the house my dad's been building on his frequent trips (he used to be a carpenter) there. That should be an amazing experience. He also wants to take a family vacation to Florida which should be fun.. we haven't take one of those in a while. He even mentioned wanting to move there which is fine except that I like the tri-state area & would only be willing to go as far south as DC or Maryland. Either way, the next 12 months should be quite a roller coaster, but good thing I'm a big fan of theme parks!