Tuesday, August 19, 2008

pat ya weave ladies...*

Ok sooooo I have about 10 more days before I'm due to fly to Amsterdam & I'm scared. Nevermind the fact that I'll be away from my family and friends for a year and that I've never been to Europe or speak a lick of Dutch. WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DO ABOUT MY HAIR?!?! Holy shit, I'm screwed! I'm almost positive that there will not be a Morena at my beck & call working in a Dominican hair salon. That pretty much translates into me resembling a wild banshee for much of the next year! I'm hoping that Jaime will have found a suitable salon by the time I arrive cuz I'm basically useless when it comes to my own hair care. I can do the basics but I guess another thing I'll learn in Heemstede is how to give myself a relaxer. I've never had a weave before but if necessary, I will get one when I come home for Christmas.. if I come home that is. My host mother is super sweet & has already extended an invitation out to my family to come stay at her house for the holidays while her family goes to Switzerland. Chances are it'll just be Matt & my sisters coming but I'm in no rush to come home, especially when I could have the house to myself or use that time to travel elsewhere. I use to think being gone for a year was a long time and it is, but at the same time it really isn't. I feel like this year is gonna fly by and be the time of my mothafuckin life! I feel like I'm going to learn so many new things, see so much I haven't seen. Don't get me wrong, I intend on enjoying the nightlife & retail therapy but I remember my trip to China.. being on the Great Wall was one of the most profound experiences of my life and was something I took to heart and carry with me to this day. I know there's gonna be so many places of beauty to see & I hope a year is enough time to see it all.

I've been trying to make the most of the time I have left with those closest to me. Damaly's leaving me for the weekend to go to Canada but my oldest sister wants to celebrate her move to NY/end of the summer & me leaving with a nice dinner and dancing in the city. It should be an awesome time and it'll mean a lot to me to be with all my sisters.. it's been a while since we've all been together; years actually.

I'm going to try to make it down to Maryland either this weekend or sometime next week to chill with Mark and say bye to all the people I've met on my ventures down there. I always have a good time when I go & this time won't be any different. It's gonna suck saying goodbye to him but I know we'll talk all the time & he better friggin visit! I hope my little man Matt can visit too. I'm gonna miss him so much! I've made it a point to hang out with him more and hug/kiss/tickle/spoil him more to make up for not seeing him. I love that kid like he's mine (he may as well be, actually). Anyway, I don't wanna get all sad thinking about leaving the people I love so NEXT.

My boobs feel swollen & my nipples are hard.

2008 has been really good to me. I had a fantastic final Spring semester at UCONN, completely letting loose & having the drunken time of my life! I had the best time in Jamaica for Spring Break, I've met some absolutley wonderfully amazing people & trimmed the fat that was the people I had holding me back in life. College was fun but I've grown & needed to cut out those who have not yet reached my maturity level. I feel the most alive that I've felt in quite some time & I can genuinely, honestly, wholeheartedly say that I'm happy. Now I get to fulfill my dream of traveling & getting out of CT/USA!! By the time the holidays come around, I'll have an even better understanding of who I am, where I wanna go in life, and what's most important to me... & I'll either come home to the people that love me or they'll venture out to The Netherlands where I'll be there waiting with open arms <3.