Wednesday, August 27, 2008

long as you got me, you won't need nobody!

3 fucking days until I leave and I still have a ridiculous amount of shit to do. I have not time-managed very well and as for that list idea, yeaaaa I'm actually adding more stuff to it rather than crossing anything off. I was supposed to work from 10-1 today but somehow that morphed into 2-6 which is pretty much the equivalent of mud butt (sorry, i watched dave chappelle this weekend), since I'd already planned out what I needed to get accomplished today. I originally thought I'd work til 1, meet up with my mentor for lunch then head over to the salon to get my hair did. Instead, I'm trying to reschedule with my mentor for noon-ish then go to work which eliminates me getting my hair done. I need to make these next few days as productive as possible. I STILL HAVE NOT PACKED! Luckily I did organize & sort my clothes to give some away and since I hadn't fully unpacked from moving out of school, my stuff was still neatly folded. If I can cross off laundry & getting my hair situated for tomorrow, I'll only have shopping & packing left to do on Friday. My mentor just called me back and she's treating me to P.F. Changs at 12:15. I love free lunch and she's wonderful.

I should be utilizing every spare moment I have to pack & get it together but I can't bring myself to do. I'm exhausted right now and I'd love to fall asleep for the next 8 hours but I can't. I can, however, take a quick nap :-)

ok.. I'm back (it's now 8 PM). Lunch with my mentor was fabulous! She gave me these beautiful diamond earrings, a sweet card & even some $! She's the best. After lunch I went to work for four hours, stuffing envelopes & browsing the web. I came home with my sister and we watched a myriad of our favorite shows. I should probably be looking for my passport and even trying to pack but I'll save that for tomorrow. or Friday, maybe even Saturday.

Tomorrow I may even try to make it up to UCONN to see everyone & maybe go to nickel night. Someone I used to know got me banned from Huskies (a popular bar at school) but before graduation one of the bouncers told me it'd be alright to come back. I just may take him up on the offer. Chances are I won't but it is an additional option besides going to Sports Bar.