Monday, August 18, 2008

micheal jordan, tiger woods, I'm tryna get that oprah.

So technically I leave in just 12 days! I told my parents about the situation and of course, my dad deferred the 'decision' (I was gonna go regardless) to my mother, who was characteristically passive and indifferent; works for me. My dad had 827374 questions for me, some of which I couldn't answer & naturally wondered if my host family were crazy killers who may use pliers to snap off a toe like they did to that asian dame in one of those Hostel movies. I assured him that they weren't so let's hope I'm right... I'm particularly fond of the little piggy that went to market. I have a few things I still need to explain to them that I don't know the answers too but I'm sure once I'm there and staying in contact with them regularly, they'll feel much better.

I made a list of things to pack & holy shit it's long! I already have most of the things I need but I know I'm forgetful as shit so I wrote down every little thinggg just to be on the safe-side. I'm scared to even go shopping cuz I know I'm gonna spend money here that I should save to buy more stuff once I get there! I do wanna buy a scrapbook to keep track of my travels & send my parents a postcard from each place. I know they're more apprehensive about me leaving than they're letting on, but it's my choice to make & I know going would make me really happy & fill the void I've felt over not having experienced as much as I'd like.

It hit last night as I was out at a Jets game with my sister how much I was gonna miss her & all the things we could be doing. Granted, many of these activities can still be done when I get back but I'm gonna miss our latenight chats, nights out, tryna creep up the stairs piss drunk at 5 AM, goin to the Carribean Day Parade, her Christmas work party, talkin shit, driving places, OUR BIRTHDAYS (fucckkkk) our evening work-outs (aka relaxing in the sauna), & so many of our other excursions. The only thing that would make me happier is having her with me in The Netherlands for the year but I guess I'll have to make do with Jaime :-P

But seriously, this is gonna be such a great year, I can feel it. D gets free shipping from her job so I'm not too worried about forgetting things. I wish she could ship out people.

I'm so excited to meet Eline & her family! The kids are so cute in the pictures, I know I'm gonna fall in love with them when I meet them in person. I bought this book that tells all these interesting facts about different countries. Apparently for the Dutch, both parties on a phone should introduce themselves first before starting a conversation. They alternate 3 kisses on each check when coming (haha, I'm so immature) & going. When visiting, it is custom for one to shake the hands of everyone present, even children & the most popular sport is soccer. YESSSSSS! I'll fit right in since I'm the best thing since Mia Hamm, obviously. There are plenty of other little facts that will hopefully help me avoid looks of disdain, or a stoning.

I don't know why I'm so hungry right now. I'm watching the Roast of Bob Sagat & dying of hunger but it's already 1 AM. I need to get it together.... or make myself a turkey sandwich. wheezy, out.